• to further the advancement of all breeds of purebred dogs;
• to protect and advance the interests of all breeds of dogs;
• to encourage sportsmanlike competition at dog shows and performance events;
• to conduct sanctioned matches, dog shows and performance events under the rules of the AKC;
• to provide educational programs and information to the general public.
The CKC is an active organization. Our “main event” and major focus is the CKC All-Breed Dog Show we host each year. Over 700 AKC-registered dogs bring their owners and handlers to the Coulee Region for conformation class competition. We also sponsor Obedience, Agility, Rally in conjunction with area dog training centers.
2020 Board of Directors:
Linda Vinson-Vice President
Jean Shepherd, Gail Flynn & Kristin Everson- Board Members
In the American Kennel Club's ongoing efforts to recognize and celebrate its volunteer club members, the AKC Outstanding Sportsmanship Award program was established in 2006 to provide each member club with an AKC Medallion to award to one of its own on a yearly basis.
This award honors those individuals who deserve special recognition that has made a difference in the sport of purebred dogs, embodied the AKC Code of Sportsmanship, and have been an active and valued member of an AKC member club.
Recipients of the AKC Outstanding Sportsmanship Award
2017- Gail Flynn
2016- Reed Pomeroy
2015- Julia Crawford-Ingvalson
2014- Mary Offerman
2013- Jean Shepherd